Sometimes one or both parents are ordered to have supervised visitation. I provide an environment in which parents can have positive interactions with their child. During supervised visitation, my main responsibility is to do everything I can to ensure the safety of your child.
Supervised visitation occurs in my office. I have a variety of toys, games, books, and craft supplies available to facilitate positive time with your child. I also have more than 10 years experience working with parents and children birth through adolescence.
Supervised visitation exists to allow the parent and child to have a relationship. If I judge the situation to be unsafe for the child, myself, or any other party, I will end the visit, providing an explanation to all adults involved. Situations that may make visitation unsafe include:
- Parent appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Parent discusses court case in the presence of the child, or tries to get information from the child.
- Speaking poorly to or of the child, child’s sibling, other parent, etc.
- Physically harm or threatening harm through spanking, roughness, etc.
- Touching a child in a way that is inappropriate or in which the child is uncomfortable.
- Other situations at my discretion.
If you or your co-parent have questions or need supervised visitation, give me a call or text at 435-828-3255.